Monday 29 June 2009

Day 1- Ft. Myers, FL.

We have arrived.







Left Neil's in a taxi at 4:30 AM BST, arrived in Miami Int'l at 8PM BST, or 3PM EST. Our boy Johnny picked us up, taught us some life lessons, and drove us to Ft. Myers. We're shattered. Dot made us a great dinner of spaghetti and meatballs, we had a few beers, watched some baseball, and have retired to bed. Hopefully we get up normal time tomorrow and we're ready to roll.

Tomorrow... the beach, and Wal Mart.

Oh yeah, no time to grab awesome stuff yet today, but I had a Sunkist and Steve had a Mtn Dew, and we were both so very, very happy.

7 comments:

  1. I am in Manchester. It's raining. It's 7:39 BST. I'm about to go in to sit in a clinic for 4 hours. I have yet to start my case report. I still think I might have swine flu.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glen, why are you English Glen?
    Don't forget to get lots of stuff with peanut butter in it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is a little Englishman. That is why.

    Peanut butter should be the dairy product of choice for the trip. And cinnamon. Lots of cinnamon...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glen, Michael told me that you were working out in preparation for the tour. Sure enough, you look proppa fit in that photo. I think you should take a phoot of your self every day and see how much flab you put on at the end.

    It's started, I'm excited.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The secret to Glen's charm is that he keeps the shirt on. ALWAYS KEEP THE SHIRT ON...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I did start to work out a little earlier this year Phil, but dissertations etc. meant I got real lazy, and got fat again. It's all good. Land of the Free and the Home of the Morbidly Obese. I almost look good compared to some of these folks...

    But the shirt has been off! We've all been shirtless at the pool and the beach. But our pasty skin tones have been somewhat offensive to the locals.

    ReplyDelete